If you’re one of the 116 million women across the globe with PCOS, you know that it can turn your health on its head. From painful (and we mean painful) periods to cystic acne and even, heartbreakingly, infertility, PCOS isn’t something to shove under the rug.
Thankfully, getting discreet, accessible, and sympathetic PCOS care may have just gotten easier with Be Bodywise. This telehealth provider offers doctor consultations and a range of products that are tailor-made for PCOS symptoms and treating it at its roots. But could it work for you?
Be Bodywise is an online source of compassionate, quality care for women in India for a range of concerns, including PCOS. Its products feature proven, natural ingredients for results with consistent use, and doctor consultations are free for a month after each purchase (your first consultation is free, too).
Be Bodywise PCOS Pros + Cons
All-women experts: Female doctors know female signs best, which is why Be Bodywise partnered with a team of female doctors, nutritionists, and other experts to make products focused on safe and effective ingredients for you.
Extensive range of PCOS products and treatments: 12+ vegetarian products with proven, natural PCOS remedies and allopathic or herbal/natural solutions depending on your concerns.
Easy to apply topical treatments: Mosh offers a choice of topical sprays for a more targeted treatment and oral pills (or a combination). Choose the most convenient option for you that allows you to commit to a steady regimen.
Free unlimited doctor consultations: Your initial doctor consultation is free, and you have unlimited access to speak to their doctors for a month after each product purchase.
Cashback and free shipping: All online orders include free shipping with 1-day early delivery and cashback in your Be Bodywise purse.
Be Bodywise PCOS review: All-in-one care for polycystic ovary syndrome
Be Bodywise is a DTC women’s wellness platform offering products and online doctor consultations for hair, skin, nutrition, intimate care, and, of course, PCOS. Its driving mission is to help women gain control over their wellness for greater consistency and success. Currently, Be Bodywise is only available to women in India, but it hopes to expand eventually.
What is PCOS?
PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) is a hormonal disorder that affects women in their reproductive years. PCOS is relatively common, affecting an estimated 3.7% to 22.5% of women in India.
Unfortunately, the medical community doesn’t yet know the exact cause of PCOS. However, it’s rooted in abnormally high levels of androgens, which are a type of hormone.
PCOS has several possible symptoms, including:
- Irregular periods
- Acne, namely on the face, back, and chest, that persists beyond your teenage years
- Abnormal hair growth or hirsutism
- Obesity, being overweight, and difficulty losing weight
- Darkening patches of skin, particularly in the armpits, folds of the neck, under the breasts, and groin (also known as acanthosis nigricans)
- Skin tags, often on the neck or armpits
- Infertility (PCOS is one of the leading causes of female infertility)
- Cysts on the ovaries
It’s also worth noting that some women with PCOS don’t have any symptoms. In these cases, women may only discover that they have the condition when they struggle to get pregnant or experience unexplained weight gain.
Physicians can usually diagnose PCOS after a physical exam, complete medical history, blood tests, a pelvic exam, and/or a pelvic ultrasound.
Why Choose Be Bodywise for PCOS Treatment?
If you’re looking for a way to tackle your PCOS symptoms, there are many options to choose from. So, why make the jump with Be Bodywise? Here are a few of the key benefits to consider:
Avoid the downsides of the conventional healthcare model
Booking an appointment with your doctor every time you struggle with PCOS symptoms can get exhausting, expensive, and disruptive to your schedule. After all, PCOS is a chronic condition that requires continuous medical care.
As an online PCOS clinic, Bodywise can eliminate this hassle. You can complete a consultation and order the products that you need right from the comfort of your home, during your lunch break at the office, or just about anywhere. Plus, you’ll never have to waste time in your doctor’s waiting room or feel rushed through a PCOS appointment again.
Continual progress monitoring
PCOS treatment is a marathon, not a sprint. Bodywise treats it as such, with continual progress monitoring. You’ll be able to contact your doctor for free, as much as you want, for a month after every purchase.
Supportive and caring online environment
Bodywise champions empathy, quality, and long-term wellness. Its team of medical experts fosters a judgment-free environment in which your concerns will always be heard and taken seriously – not dismissed or ignored. Be Bodywise uses a tailored treatment approach, rather than a one-size-fits-all solution, to best address your needs.
Qualified medical team
Be Bodywise is backed by a team of female physicians and medical experts who are passionate about women’s wellness. The team includes dermatologists, a certified dietician, and a cosmetologist with extensive expertise in PCOS treatment.
What products does Bodywise offer for PCOS symptoms?
Bodywise offers an assortment of products for PCOS symptom management, including capsules, superfood supplements, gummies for coexisting symptoms, and period pain relief patches.
Bodywise PCOS Superfood: Inositol Supplement
This vegan supplement is designed to be stirred into water or juice for your daily dose of inositol, combined with folic acid and a combination of multivitamins.
Inositol is a type of sugar naturally produced in the body. It’s gradually becoming a popular PCOS treatment for its ability to improve hormonal imbalance, insulin resistance, irregular periods, weight around the belly, mood swings, and anxiety.
A study published in BioMed Central found that women with PCOS who took inositol were 1.79 times more likely to have a regular period. Inositol also substantially reduced the participants’ total testosterone levels when compared to the placebo. This study concluded that inositol is a safe, effective PCOS treatment.
PCOS Balance Capsules
Bodywise PCOS capsules contain a blend of 18 ayurvedic herbs to:
- Regulate your menstrual cycle
- Improve hormonal imbalance
- Support ovarian health
- Lower androgen levels
- Manage PCOS-related weight gain
- Curb hormonal acne breakouts
One of the key herbs in this oral supplement is Shatavari, which is widely used for PCOS symptoms. In one study, 60 PCOS patients experienced significantly improved endometrial thickness, hirsutism, and menstruation after taking Shatavari powder for one month. It’s thought to work by promoting ovulation and follicular growth in women.
Period Pain Relief Patches
Be Bodywise’s Period Pain Relief Patches are designed to help women with PCOS tackle intense period pains. The patches contain all-natural ingredients for pain relief, instant cooling, and anti-inflammatory benefits. We love that the patches are seamless, lightweight, and comfortable – no one will know that you’re wearing one, and you don’t have to deal with sticky, messy creams or roll-ons.
Some of the key ingredients in Bodywise’s period pain relief patches are:
- Eucalyptus has been found to benefit pain, swelling, and fluid retention. It’s also a traditional remedy for diabetes because of its ability to reduce blood sugar, which can benefit women with PCOS.
- Boswellia has long been used as a natural painkiller in Ayurvedic medicine. It’s been found to inhibit inflammation and may help with balancing out menstrual cycles.
- Menthol has a natural cooling effect that can help with menstrual cramps (AKA dysmenorrhea).
- Evening primrose has been found to alter the concentration of certain hormones, including testosterone, in women with PCOS. In doing so, this flower variety can naturally ease PCOS symptoms.
How to get started with Be Bodywise PCOS treatment
So, you’re ready to take the plunge with Bodywise. But how exactly do you get started?
- Self-Assessment and questionnaire: After selecting “PCOS” as your primary concern, you’ll fill out an online form with basic medical information. You’re then asked about the treatment route you’d prefer: allopathic, herbal/natural solutions, or a combination. If you want a doctor to choose for you, you can pick “Don’t care, need a solution!”.
- Doctor’s consultation: At this point, you can schedule a free doctor consultation. Select a date that works for you, and Bodywise will present a few time slots to choose from.
- Product purchase: Your expert will suggest the best product for treating your symptoms, and you can work together to decide on a treatment plan. Shipping is free and expedited when you purchase online.
- Ongoing care: After purchasing a product, you’ll have unlimited access to speak to your doctor for up to a month after your purchase. With over 150 licensed doctors on the platform, these consultations can provide convenient, accessible care for women with PCOS from all walks of life.
In just getting started, Bodywise covers every key topic for PCOS treatment: nutrition, fitness, stress, sleep, and general health. While Be Bodywise helps get you expert advise on specific areas, it’s not considered a replacement for your family GP.
What can Bodywise improve on?
As with virtually any DTC wellness platform, Bodywise has a few shortcomings. The largest one is its lack of blood tests and scans. Some competing platforms, like Veera, partner with labs to provide convenient at-home blood testing. The results of these tests can help your doctor more effectively tailor a PCOS treatment plan to your needs.
Another downside of Bodywise is that its medical team consists of dermatologists, certified dieticians, and cosmetologists – but no gynecologists, nutritionists, therapists, or fitness experts. Offering a broader range of medical specialists could help Bodywise provide more comprehensive PCOS treatment.
What are Bodywise customers saying?
We’ve given you our two cents – but what are customers saying? Here are a handful of reviews from real customers on sites including Facebook, Amazon, and Reddit.
The Verdict: Is Be Bodywise best for PCOS treatment online?
With all of the facts, is Bodywise a good option for online PCOS treatment? The bottom line is that Bodywise is an affordable option for women with PCOS who want convenient, empathetic care.
Be Bodywise PCOS treatment is ideal for women who…
…aren’t sure where to get started.
It’s extremely easy to get started with Bodywise, and doctor consultations are free. This means that you can receive expert medical advice about tackling your PCOS with no payment required. If you don’t know for sure if you have PCOS or you’re struggling with some symptoms, a Be Bodywise expert can help to point you in the right direction for the best treatment for you and provide ongoing care as you modify or stick to your plan.
…want a range of affordable PCOS treatment options.
We also love that Bodywise offers a range of vegetarian products with natural ingredients that have been clinically proven to help with PCOS symptoms. This makes it an excellent option for women who want drug-free PCOS solutions, especially because they can be taken with other medications without worrying about side effects. If you’re looking for a natural treatment option for PCOS symptoms, Be Bodywise offers fantastic support.
With that said, Bodywise isn’t the best option for women who are recommended to undergo blood tests or need specialized medical care for PCOS (like gynecological care, for example). Additionally, women with PCOS who are at a high risk of developing diabetes and cardiovascular disease should seek out ongoing in-person medical care.
Be Bodywise PCOS FAQs
Doctor consultations are free on Bodywise, and the products vary in price.
- PCOS Superfood Inositol Supplement: ₹539 for 15 sachets
- PCOS Balance Capsules: ₹599 for 60 capsules
- PCOS 360 kit (Balance Capsules + Inositol supplement): ₹999
- A pack of 5 Period Pain Relief patches costs ₹355
- Symptom gummies (hair growth, gut health, PMS): ₹499-599
Don’t forget that Bodywise offers cashback on all of its products, and shipping is free!