No matter the reason, losing your hair can put a serious dent in your self-confidence and self-esteem, and men who start losing their hair relatively early tend to be especially affected. But not to worry – help is available with an ever-growing range of medically-proven hair loss treatments for men.
We took a closer look at Mosh Hair Loss treatments, going in-depth on available treatment options and their cost, when they’re appropriate, and their effectiveness. We also compared them to other Australian platforms for men’s hair loss and telehealth.
If you’re short on time, though…
Mosh Hair Loss Pros + Cons
Proven, convenient treatments: Mosh offers multiple plans that feature two active ingredients; finasteride and minoxidil. Both are considered gold standards for hair loss treatment and are available with Mosh through completely online consultations & prescriptions.
2-in-1 medications: Combining active ingredients helps you benefit from synergistic effects, treating hair loss from all angles.
Easy to apply topical treatments: Mosh offers a choice of topical sprays for a more targeted treatment and oral pills (or a combination). Choose the option that is most convenient for you and allows you to commit to a steady regimen.
More bang for your buck: Whether it is by combining two active ingredients in one product or personalising your dosages to eliminate waste, Mosh delivers excellent value for money.
Treatment names not revealed: Because of legal requirements in Australia, Mosh can’t reveal the prescription’s names until after you have consulted with a doctor (but we discuss their specifics in this article).
More expensive: Hair loss treatment through Mosh is more expensive than going to your local GP, but you’re paying for convenience, which is a huge plus for many.
Best men’s hair loss treatment in Australia: Mosh vs Pilot vs Rosemary Health
Mosh Hair Loss Review: What causes hair loss in men?
Hair loss in men is a complex condition that can be caused by several factors. Nutritional deficiencies and environmental factors can affect your hair, as well as genetic and hormonal factors. Hair loss is extremely common, with about 85% of men having significantly thinner hair by the age of 50.
Out of all causes of hair loss, hormones and genetics are the most significant. In men, testosterone is broken down into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). An overproduction of DHT causes undesirable health effects, including male pattern baldness. DHT interferes with the hair’s growth cycle, shrinking hair follicles and making it easier to fall out and more difficult to grow back.
This is why most prescription medications are designed to counteract and prevent DHT-related damage and why nutritional supplements do not help for a hair loss condition like androgenetic alopecia. Luckily, Mosh hair loss products can tackle the causes of male pattern hair loss. As a result, they can stop or slow your hair loss and help you regrow a full head of hair.
Mosh Hair Loss Treatments: Do they Work for Most Men?
Mosh’s hair loss products feature the two most effective active ingredients available today – finasteride and minoxidil – to help you keep or regrow a full head of hair and improve your confidence. The team behind the products understands that not every case of baldness is the same. That’s why Mosh has developed three different plans to choose from, with both topical and oral options available. The results are impressive – 90% of men will keep their hair, and more than four out of five will regrow their hair.
Mosh’s Keep plan
- Form: 1 capsule per day (oral)
- Cost: $29/mo
- Active ingredients: Finasteride, which inhibits the conversion of testosterone to DHT, slowing down hair loss.
- Results: Most users start seeing results within three to six months, with the treatment reaching its full potential after about one year.
- Who’s it for?: This is an excellent choice if you still have most of your hair. Finasteride is great in the early stages of hair loss to slow down the process and help you keep the hair you’ve got. If you’re prone to side effects from oral medication, an alternative delivery form (topical) may work better for you.
Mosh’s Keep & Regrow plan
- Form: Choose between 1 capsule per day (oral) or a topical spray
- Cost: $55/mo
- Active ingredients: Combination finasteride & minoxidil, which offers a synergistic effect on male hair loss, targeting the underlying cause of hair loss. Finasteride helps to slow down the progression of hair loss by blocking the production of DHT, while minoxidil helps to promote hair regrowth by increasing blood flow to the hair follicles and lengthening the active phase of hair growth.
- Results: Expect to see results after three to six months.
- Who’s it for?: Those in later, more noticeable stages of hair loss. The 2-in-1 oral option is perfect for people wanting a more aggressive approach to treating hair loss to work more effectively on your hair follicles. The 2-in-1 topical spray is for people looking to bypass the side effects of oral finasteride, or if you’re looking for a more precise and targeted treatment on the scalp.
Mosh’s Keep & Regrow Pro plan
- Form: Combination 1 capsule per day (oral) and topical spray
- Cost: $69/mo
- Active ingredients: This plan combines the benefits of both of the other plans – combination finasteride & minoxidil in both oral and topical form. The different forms work in different parts of the body, targeting both the underlying cause of hair loss (DHT) and the physiological processes involved in growing and maintaining a head full of hair.
- Results: Expect to see results after three to six months.
- Who’s it for?: This is the most clinically effective approach to treating hair loss. Studies show that you’ll likely get better results by using both finasteride and minoxidil together, and men show significantly greater improvements than men treated with finasteride or minoxidil alone.
Mosh Hair Loss Reviews: What are Customers Saying?
We’ve covered the science and looked at competitor products, but nothing beats the experiences shared by actual customers. Here is some of the feedback Mosh customers shared.
The Verdict: Are Mosh’s hair loss treatments worth it?
Mosh hair loss treatment is ideal for guys who…
…want to decrease their risk of side effects.
Your doctor through Mosh will create a custom plan to limit your chances of side effects and maximise effectiveness. Mosh offers both topical and oral hair treatment options, allowing you to choose what’s best for you. Oral hair loss treatments (capsules) can sometimes cause side effects, usually sexual. If that sounds undesirable (understandable), you’re not SOL. Mosh allows you to choose from topical prescriptions, as well, to avoid these.
…are unsure of which plan is best for them.
Whether your hair is just starting to thin or you want to regrow a whole new head of hair, Mosh has the plan to suit you. You’ll go through a consultation online and have medication conveniently prescribed by an Australian registered doctor if it’s right for your situation. Mosh’s licensed physicians can recommend the most effective way to treat your individual causes of hair loss with over 85 treatment combinations, oral and topical, as well as non-prescription solutions for hair loss. So, if you’re unsure where to start, they’re there to help you every step of the way.
Mosh hair loss treatment FAQs
Click the below button to get started with Mosh and answer a few simple questions about your health and medical history, which Mosh’s team of doctors will use to assess you for treatment possibilities. If you’re eligible for prescription treatment, you’ll have a consult with an Australian doctor (call, video, or chat).
Not ready for prescription hair loss treatment? No stress. Mosh offers a range of products, including vitamins, shampoos, and conditioners that help strengthen your hair and prevent hair loss. Their Hair Starter Kit doesn’t require a prescription, and it includes minoxidil topical spray, as well as shampoo, conditioner, and a vitamin supplement.
Mosh products are available online at getmosh.com.au. You’ll never be limited to pharmacy opening hours and the like. Shipping is anywhere that Australia Post can deliver, including PO Boxes, Parcel Lockers, or businesses.