If it’s your first time getting your teeth straightened, you might be intimidated by all the metal – shiny for all the wrong reasons – and the long, painful process of gradually pushing your teeth into place. In addition, you may not know which orthodontist to entrust with your dental care, nor where to start to look.
Luckily, there are now many affordable alternatives to traditional braces that are not only more comfortable and faster acting, but also much less embarrassing to wear.
With the rise of clear aligners globally, including many affordable options available in India specifically, you are spoilt for choice when looking for teeth aligners.
That said, you might wonder if this new technology-driven orthodontic solution is as efficient as the traditional metal wires, and if so, which online provider can help you achieve the perfect smile?
In this article, we’ll review Snazzy, one of the leading clear aligner providers in India, to help you decide if their platform is worth trying instead of a traditional orthodontist. Read on to learn everything you need to know about their process, what makes them unique, and how Snazzy compares to other affordable orthodontic care providers in India.
Snazzy Aligners Pros and Cons
Clear aligners have obvious benefits over traditional aligners, but you might wonder if they’re just as effective relative to conventional braces.
Founded in 2020, Snazzy has emerged as one of the leading direct-to-consumer dentistry platforms making clear aligners affordable and accessible to all.
After scouring many online reviews and chatting with real Snazzy customers, here’s a shortlist of things people love about their clear aligners:
- Invisible, so you can continue to flaunt a beautiful smile even during treatment
- Affordable, so you can get the treatment you need at pocket-friendly prices
- Removable, so you have fewer restrictions during your treatment, and
- Personalized, designed by American orthodontists having decades worth of clear aligner expertise, specifically for your teeth
- Made in India. The expert-designed aligners are manufactured in India, making them much more affordable than foreign alternatives
- Convenient. You are only required to visit the clinic for the initial check-up, and the rest of the treatment can be done from your home
- Customer Support. Snazzy’s dentists will monitor your treatment and guide you through the process using audio/video methods
- Risk Free. If the orthodontist at Snazzy determines that you are not a suitable candidate for clear aligners after the scan, the scan is on the house! Also, if you are unhappy with your results post-treatment, Snazzy’s orthodontists will work with you to achieve your perfect smile at no additional cost.
- Not ideal for the most advanced cases: Beyond basic teeth misalignment, Snazzy’s aligners can treat slightly more complex bite issues (like a minor under-bite or overbite), but there’s a limit. Some cases are simply better treated by a traditional, in-person orthodontist. Of course, you can always get a risk-free assessment from Snazzy (or any of their teeth aligner competitors discussed below!) and see if they deem you a fit.
- Limited in-person care: Related to the point above, currently Snazzy only has in-person clinics in Hyderabad at the moment, so if you live far away and would like a convenient option of seeing an in-person orthodontist during your treatment, Snazzy may not be the best option for you.
How do Snazzy’s clear aligners work?
Before starting your treatment, one of Snazzy’s doctors will assess your smile and take a 3D scan of your teeth. After this initial dentist visit, you will receive a set of clear trays at your house!
Typically, each tray must be worn for about a few weeks and should be worn for ~22 hours each day. The trays should only be removed when you consume food and beverages, or when you brush and floss your teeth.
Each time you swap out a new tray, it’s the equivalent of the orthodontist tightening your metal wires, except here, you can do it yourself, at your own speed, and don’t need to visit the dentist repeatedly.
Bonus: Time savings, and fewer awkward interactions! 😬
Snazzy can help you avoid the pain and embarrassment of traditional braces (pictured above).
The number of trays you receive depends on the nature of your teeth’s misalignment; the more extensive your treatment, the more trays are likely required to push your teeth into place. Each tray moves your teeth by just a few millimeters, and the total treatment takes about 6-12 months. This is MUCH shorter than the average time to see results with traditional braces, which is typically 18-36 months. Thus Snazzy’s clear aligners have helped thousands move their teeth, faster and less painfully, because they apply force on all the teeth together, unlike braces that usually focus on smaller groups of teeth at a time.
How to get aligners from Snazzy
If you want to sign-up for clear aligner treatment with Snazzy, you’re in for a pleasant surprise. You can get started on your journey to achieve a beautifully aligned smile in just a few steps.
1. Sign up online
First, create an account on Snazzy’s website by filling in your name, email address, city, and contact number
2. Book your slot
Book an appointment with Snazzy for your initial check-up. At this appointment, Snazzy will assign you to an orthodontist who will review your case, walk you through the steps of the teeth-straightening process, and take a 3D scan of your teeth
3. Review the treatment plan
Next, Snazzy’s team will formulate a treatment plan and show you the smile design you can expect post-treatment. During this discussion, you can clarify all your doubts. However, there’s no commitment required at this step. If you are not convinced with your treatment plan, you can opt-out of the treatment (although it might be hard for you to pass on the opportunity to achieve perfectly aligned teeth!)
4. That’s it! You’re ready to begin
If you choose to proceed with the treatment, a set of clear aligners will be sent to your doorstep, and your treatment would have officially begun. All you have to do is follow the instructions, wear the aligners as prescribed, and watch your smile transform daily. Even though no more clinic visits are required, Snazzy’s doctors will continue to oversee your treatment progress using online channels.
A beautiful smile is tempting, but we’re sure you’re wondering how big a hole this treatment will burn in your pockets. Let’s find out!
How much do Snazzy’s clear aligners cost?
Snazzy believes in flexible and transparent pricing, and they believe that getting a good smile shouldn’t cost a fortune! So, by working directly with you and eliminating middleman fees, they can make clear aligners affordable by more than 70%!
The cost of clear aligners with Snazzy depends on how extensive your treatment is. For example, if you need up to 10 aligners, your treatment would last approximately 6 months and cost only INR 49,000/-.
However, if your teeth are severely misaligned, your case is classified as more complex. Here, you would require up to 20 aligners, your treatment would last approximately 12 months, and the cost would be INR 69,000/-.
Compared to the typical orthodontic treatment in private clinics across India, which start at INR 30,000/- and run all the way beyond INR 1.5 lacs, Snazzy looks quite affordable!
Snazzy also provides an EMI payment option to patients, and whether the case is simple or complex, the patient can choose to pay in monthly installments of INR 3,999/- only!
Here is an overview of Snazzy’s pricing model for clear aligners:
Snazzy vs Smiles.ai vs Tootshi: which is better?
Snazzy seems to provide aligners at an extremely affordable cost, but let’s assess how Snazzy compares to its market competitors so that you are empowered with the information you need to make the most sound choice for your oral health.
|Snazzy vs. Smiles.ai vs. Toothsi: India’s Top Teeth Aligner Companies|
|Dental treatments offered||Only clear aligners||Aligners, Implants, Root canals, Digital consultations, Veneers, Teeth whitening||Only clear aligners|
|Pricing for clear aligners||INR 49,000 to 69,000||INR 65,000 to 72,000||INR 69,999 to 89,999|
|At-home follow-up check-ups?||❌||✅||✅|
|Number of in-person clinics in India||Currently only in Hyderabad, but expanding soon||100+||0, only at-home services for aligners|
Snazzy vs. Smiles.ai
Smiles.ai has clinics throughout India, and the company has been around for slightly longer than Snazzy.
Smiles.ai provides customers with almost every dental care treatment, whether that is fillings, extractions, root canals, or orthodontic treatment, and it has over 100 clinics across India.
In contrast, Snazzy is still in its baby stages and only has a clinic in Hyderabad, but it is currently expanding to open more clinics in PAN India. Also, Snazzy only provides patients with focused clear aligner services and does not offer any other dental treatments.
If you’re specifically looking for clear aligners, Snazzy is more affordable than Smiles.ai. If convenient in-person treatment is important to you, Smiles.ai is likely a better choice. You can compare their pricing side by side below:
Snazzy vs. Toothsi
Both Snazzy and Toothsi are companies that solely provide orthodontic treatment. Toothsi’s clear aligner treatment can be done entirely from the comfort of your home, and it requires zero in-person visits. Toothsi’s team comes to your home to conduct a digital 3D scan of your teeth which you can easily book online.
Snazzy requires you to visit the clinic for the initial scanning process, but overall, they provide a more cost-effective orthodontic solution. Compare the two pricing models in the images below:
Overall, Snazzy seems to offer clear aligners at a lower rate than its market competitors. But are customers happy with Snazzy’s results? We dug deep to see how patients actually feel about their service.
Snazzy aligner reviews: what are customers saying?
In general, Snazzy’s customers have been happy with the quality of their treatment. They claim to have noticed a difference in their smiles shortly after the start of the treatment, and they were satisfied with the help and support provided by Snazzy’s team.
Here are few example customer reviews that more or less capture the essence of how most Snazzy customers feel about their experience:
Bottom-Line: Should you try Snazzy clear aligners?
If you’re looking to get your teeth straightened, and are considering clear aligners, we hope this article helps you better anticipate what you can expect from your treatment.
If you are able to visit their clinic in Hyderabad for the first and only in-person visit required, we think Snazzy is the right choice for your clear aligners in terms of pricing and customers’ glowing reviews. For people who are based elsewhere in India, hang tight, because Snazzy is soon opening up clinics in several other cities.
If you’re looking for in-person visits for clear aligners or other dental treatments, you might want to explore Smiles.ai, which we’ve reviewed in-depth here. Lastly, anyone comfortable without any physical check-up before starting treatment might prefer to try Toothsi instead.
The bottom line is, amid the rising demand for clear aligners, Snazzy fares extremely well compared to competitors as it offers you quality care at some of the lowest prices. As arguably the very best teeth aligner option for anyone near (or willing to travel to) Hyderabad, we recommend taking advantage of Snazzy’s affordable aligners.
If you found this review helpful, be sure to stay tuned for more such conversations where we review the top wellness brands to help you stay fit and healthy.
Clear Aligners FAQ: what to know before trying invisible braces
Are clear aligners better than traditional braces?
The primary difference between clear aligners and traditional braces is the material used to facilitate tooth movement.
For example, traditional braces use tiny metal brackets that are fixed onto the surface of your teeth and have a wire threaded through them. These wires exert a gentle force to straighten teeth. In this method, you must visit a dentist every few weeks to get wires tightened, re-activated, and gradually shift your teeth into alignment.
While this method has proven effective since the 19th century, it’s also quite painful and inconvenient, often leading to:
- Food restrictions; eating hard or sticky foods would dislodge a bracket from your tooth, and you would have to make an extra visit to your dentist to have it re-fixed
- Poor Hygiene; non-removable wires and brackets make it difficult to properly brush around these fixed appliances and maintain good oral hygiene
- Discomfort; use of metal wires often cut soft tissues on your lip and cheeks, occasionally causing blisters.
So, although traditional metal braces have withstood the test of time, it’s safe to say pretty much no one enjoys wearing them given how relatively unflattering and inconvenient they are.
In contrast, clear aligners are thin, transparent trays custom-designed to the unique contours of your teeth. Here, there are no metal wires to breach and tear your oral soft tissues. The trays are created using artificial intelligence and the latest technology, and because they are removable, you have the freedom to take them out as you please while eating or brushing. Clear aligners have small tooth-colored attachments that help these transparent trays latch onto the surface of your teeth and exert a mild force, pushing your teeth in the desired direction.
Thus clear aligners overcome many disadvantages seen with traditional braces, including:
- They allow you to easily maintain your oral hygiene; you can remove them while brushing and flossing, which is much more cumbersome with traditional braces
- You can remove the aligners while eating so that food does not stick in them, as is too common with metal brackets
- Clear aligners can be removed at meal time and have no brackets or wires that can break, so you have no dietary restrictions, plus no potential for emergency repair visits to the orthodontist
- These aligners are nearly invisible, such that most people wouldn’t notice them at all
Is orthodontic treatment worth it?
Sometimes, if you’re not experiencing severe pain due to misalignment, it might seem like orthodontic treatment can be put off for later because it’s a general assumption that these treatments are long, painful, and super expensive.
However, there are numerous benefits to getting these treatments earlier. For example, getting braces for teenagers gives the treatment a greater chance of success, and teeth are more likely to stay aligned when corrected at the right age. Your orthodontist can assess when it’s the best time for you/ your child to get braces.
For adults, although orthodontic treatment may seem expensive and not urgent, the result of getting your teeth straightened is worth every penny you pay for it. This is because having a straight set of teeth helps you maintain better oral hygiene, which will cut the costs of dental treatments in the long run. In addition, this treatment does wonders for your self-confidence and improves your quality of life, which is almost priceless.
When do you need orthodontic treatment?
One might assume that orthodontic treatments are done simply to fix crooked teeth, but, in actuality, orthodontic treatment solves more than just the aesthetic appearance of your smile.
For example, most people visit an orthodontist with visibly crooked teeth that make them feel self-conscious. However, the cure for some sleeping disorders, mouth breathing habits, and jaw imbalances also lie in orthodontic treatment.
If you’re unsure of whether you need orthodontic treatment, here are some signs to look out for as an adult:
- Crooked or crowded teeth
- Difficulty brushing around rotated/ crowded teeth
- Frequently biting your tongue or cheek
- Teeth that don’t close over each other when the mouth is at rest
- Difficulty pronouncing certain sounds due to abnormal postural positions of the tongue
- Stress in your jaw after eating food
- A clicking sound or pain while you open your jaw
- Excessive grinding of teeth at night
- Difficulty chewing food
As a parent, it’s also essential to look for signs to see if your child might need braces soon. These signs include:
- Thumb sucking past the age of 2
- Early or late loss of milk teeth
- Breathing through the mouth
- Clicking sound in the jaw when yawning or opening the mouth wide
- Difficulty in chewing due to teeth misaligned teeth
- Teeth that are not in contact when the mouth is shut
- Crooked or crowded teeth
If you notice any of the above conditions in yourself or your child, you should visit an orthodontist and have them evaluate dental health to formulate a treatment plan for your unique dentition.